Since we found out that my son has a milk allergy, I’ve had to adjust my cooking and baking quite a bit. I’ve found a ton of great substitutes to use in recipes. One in particular I’m excited to share, is my dairy-free chocolate chip cookies recipe! These are classic, moist, and delicious chocolate chip cookies. The recipe is easy, requiring only 9 basic ingredients. Basically, all you have to do to make them dairy-free is substitute regular butter for margarine/plant butter. There are several great brands that you can use. I like the Plant Butter version by Country Crock for most baking recipes. I also swapped regular chocolate chips for a dairy-free version. Enjoy Life has amazing ones that taste no different.
The Best Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Recipe
- 8 tbsp dairy-free butter I usually use Plant Butter by Country Crock
- 1/2 cup white sugar I usually use anywhere from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips I love Enjoy Life brand, I usually grab from Target
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it.
- Mix butter and sugars until smooth and creamy, using a mixer.
- Add vanilla and the egg until just incorporated, usually about 10 seconds (do not over mix, the cookies will be stiff).
- Add flour, baking soda, salt. Mix until crumbles form and add chocolate chips!
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Take them out even if they look like they’re not done yet. They will be pale and puffy.
- Let the cookies cool for 30 minutes.
Check out my other favorite recipes: