I was hoping to post this fantastic rum butter cake recipe before Christmas, but potty training a 2-year-old had me glued to pee patrol. This cake is gooey, buttery, and full of rum. I love to serve it warm with extra rum glaze on top. The best part is that it literally takes 10 minutes to prep before popping in the oven for an hour. It’s the perfect Christmas and New Year’s Eve dessert, although I make it year-round, and my friends and family go crazy for it. They are going to be shocked when they find out how easy this cake is to make! Read below for my go-to holiday rum butter cake recipe.
Holiday Rum Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix 18 oz
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3.5 oz
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup golden rum or "gold" rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rum Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all cake ingredients together, cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, rum
- Bake at 325 in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then Invert onto a serving plate.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the rum.
- Gently poke holes in the cake with a fork.
- Pour glaze evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
- Allow cake to absorb glaze. Keep doing this until the glaze is used up.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This cake keeps for several days. Just microwave for a few seconds to reheat. You can also freeze it! This recipe was originally found on Reluctant Entertainer.